Like you, we at artblog believe in the arts and believe in connecting people with art. Thanks to your past support and enthusiasm, artblog had a momentous year!
- We completed our Knight Arts Challenge-winning artblog Art Safari project — It was a terrific success–with more safaris to come!
- We became a 501(c )(3) non-profit organization, TheArtblog, Inc., thanks to the help of lawyers at Blank-Rome, LLC
- We partnered with EventsFilter to bring you the artblog Arts Calendar and Artist Registry, a free event and show listing for everyone in the great big Philly art scene!
- Libby and Roberta debuted as PA Humanities Council Commonwealth Speakers in 2012 and will continue to deliver their slide lecture on the Global Art Scene in 2013.
- Our team expanded and covers the world of art from Philadelphia to Beijing.
- We took on our first part-time employee, Kris Strawser, to help us manage our programs.
- We completed another year of podcasts with the help of our partner, WHYY’s Newsworks.org–among the best art podcasts on the internet, including this year’s interviews with Jenny Drumgoole, Rob Matthews and Erin Riley.
We need your help to continue our great programming.
We are asking for your help at this time of giving. Please help artblog continue our mission to educate and connect people with art and support the local arts community. Make a tax-deductible contribution online via our Paypal site OR send your tax-deductible contribution by check, made out to “TheArtblog, Inc.” and send it to TheArtblog, Inc., 103 Bentley Ave., Bala Cynwyd, PA, 19004.
Coming in 2013
- We will continue our democratizing the discussion of art by involving the public in our upcoming artblog Instagram Picture Parade. Send us your photos on First Friday, using your smart phone and the free Instagram app. Your photos will appear on artblog and they will screen live on First Friday, on street-side tv monitors such as the Kimmel Center Cube.
- We will begin a bi-weekly email newsletter with our calendar listings! Get all the shows delivered to your inbox in one sweet package.
Thank you for your help! Libby and Roberta, December, 2012
Our mission statement!
In 2003, Roberta Fallon and Libby Rosof launched their online magazine, now called the artblog, with a mission to share their intimate knowledge of Philadelphia’s cutting edge art, and to educate and support a community of artists, art lovers, gallerists, critics and academics.
The artblog—recognized for excellence twice by Art in America and a finalist for the prized Warhol/Creative Capital Arts Writers grant—now offers a menu of educational services in addition to its flagship online magazine, theartblog.org.
As a multidimensional educational laboratory and online archive generating ideas to connect the public with art, artblog’s services include lectures about contemporary art, and the award-winning artblog Art Safaris, guided tours of Philadelphia’s excellent alternative art scene.. Through artblog’s work with students and emerging writers, the organization is mentoring the next generation of arts entrepreneurs and cultural journalists.